Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Prayer request:

Today we had a group of 4th graders. Eleven of them came with me all day doing our various things. In the end, after sharing the gospel, we broke into small groups for question.

One of my s asked a strange question. She asked, "If your mommy and daddy died in the same night, and you were left home alone, and someone could come into your home and hurt you, what would you do?"

My first instinct was to quickly tell the to call me and I would take her in but the Lord kept my mouth shut. I just simply answered her question prayerfully.

I didn't know why until later in the discussion. It turns out that her life was similar to that. Her dad died the day before her mom, leaving her alone. She is now living with her aunt.

She is still afraid. No kid should have to be afraid like that! I don't know any more details than that. I just hope that she keeps in touch with me since she ask for my number (I give my number out to those kids who ask for it).

Please pray for her and that I'd have God's wisdom if she should call me. Her name is Rolanda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mingy, i'll pray for that child, a verse that helped me is found in isaiah 49:14-17.

matthew 11:26-29

have a good one, i'll pray the lord gives you discernment

jay