Thursday, February 28, 2008

In the beginning of this month, I went with 13 of our teen girls to Orlando for a retreat. It was a blast. We laughed a lot and slept little.

It was on inner beauty and worth thru Christ. Many of our teens could relate, so could us leaders. No matter how old we get, I don't think we will ever really believe all that the Lord has written of His love for us...no matter how wonderfully true. How I long for that day when we will see Him and finally believe it all.

The speakers/bands were KJ52, Natalie Grant, Hawk Nelson, Jenna Lucado, and a lot of others. I guess you can say that the conference used music to reach the teens. Not a terrible thing since they paid more attention to the speakers when they sang first. But a little bit of a struggle with me since one of the bands was not solid in their speech yet was the most popular band of all of them.

Since the retreat, we have been running full force with our program at the ALC. Every day we've had 30-100 kids in! I'm beat but its great.

Some of you know Lis Weaver. She came to celebrate her birthday, staying two weeks at my place. It was like she had never left since this one of her homes. She is so good at just jumping in where needed and we really needed her help...and I just missed having her here :)

Of all the things that God has been teaching me, I feel as if all of it comes down to remembering His unconditional love. If I would only keep my eyes on Him and see that love I'd have more patience with others, let love cover over another's sins against me, do His will in His strength, even love others with that unconditional love, and so much more.

Oh, for that day when these evil things within me will pass away!

If you could pray for me, please pray for these things:
- keeping my eyes on Him and His unconditional love for me
- strength and rest in the middle of a busy season of teaching
- knowing whether I'll be here next year or somewhere else

Prayers from you all keep me safe and moving forward so please keep them coming!

Thanks all, ming

No comments: